Wednesday, October 15, 2008

1700-2200hr

even though we knock off at 5... the transport van doesn't come till about a half hour later... sometimes even more~ theres not much we can do bout that, so we just stand around waitin for it to arrive, gettin all excited whenever we hear the sounds of a vehicle commin from the distance onli to cuss n swear when it turns out to be just another civilian car...

so, the van comes n sends us all to the entrance of the Airbase were we return the passes we took from during the day when this whole thing 1st began... & then its over, the day is done & we get to go home~

i cross the road i crossed from before, i see the broken bike pedal still lying there on the road, same thought still prevents me from goin over there n kickin it... i walk over to the same bus stop i alighted from in the morning, i wait for the same bus to take me back to the same place from which i had been to earlier on...

and of course, by now everyone's done with work so the buses are packed and no one ever moves to the back, so sometimes it takes nearly twice as long to head back then to get here... but when i do manage to get on the same bus from which i had initially taken during the day... from there on, proceed the same way from whence i came to go home~

i get home.. i undo my boots n dump my shit by the side of the door... i take my clothes off, head to the shower and just, melt under the stream of water for a couple of mins before i start doing any actual 'Showering'...

by now, the time's probably 8pm... i eat my dinner & stumble to my room n turn my pc on... no one's home yet, which is normal... i think about wad an incredible waste of my time the day was... i think about all the wonderful things i could have done had i not been stuck there.

its all just one big waiting game.... waiting for the bus, waiting in que, waiting for the food, waiting for the day to end....

and for wad?
u sometimes forget wad ur purpose is when ur stuck in a job like this...

i want my frustration heard, everyone thinks i have the dream vocation.... claiming how great it is to be slackin about while everyone else is out in the jungle gettin their asses handed to them~

i dont think its that great at all -_-

so i think to myself, how can i sound out my utter disdain towards this whole situation thats happening...
then it hits me...
i collect my thoughts for a min.. and then i begin...


"everyday, i wake up before sunrise... i make my way to the bathroom in the dark, i take a bath.. i get changed... i head down to the bus stop n off to the train station often passin lots of school kids & workin adults rushin to be on time, squeezin thru people...
squeezin thru me......"

No comments: