Saturday, January 27, 2007

anti-chinese~

i have gotta start sleepin early on friday nights if im ever to wake up early in time for powerpuff girls~ went grocery shopping to restock the lack of meat in my kitchen. Bought lots of chicken stuff, eggs n strawberry pop-tarts. Got milk, coco-puffs, beef jerky and all sorts of cancerous snacks.

it was really weird.... the market place was full of aunties and uncles pushing n shoving, rushing all over the place and really annoying me. Damn the kiaus-ness of the old ppl~ There were also tons of stores there selling chinese-new-year crap like plasitc doo-hickeys with some chinese words on it that probably mean something cliche like "fortune" or "luck" or " prosperity" and shit like tat~

the streets were blastin with "gong xi gong xi gong xi ni" music~ i quickly drowned them out with the music from my ipod..... dont get me wrong.. i dont hate chinese new yr, of course i like the gambling and the "being able to get money for no reason" part. im just anti-chinese~ yeeeeeahhhh....

i come from such a typical chinesey family, yet im so westernized~ My family would eat stuff like ju kuey or some other kuey kuey which names i cant remember or pronounce.


where as i'd like to start the day of with beacon & eggs or cereal~

they eat peanuts n love letters for snacks, i eat jerky and pop tarts~


i swear, im born in the wrong country, in the wrong family~ because of this i can never relate to anyone in my family... maybe tats y they annoy me so much. but i must say, its really a mircle i turned out like this, can u imagine me all pro-chinese, watchin lame game shows on channel U and listening to S.H.E~ i'd be conservative and extremly obedient and let my mom tell me hu i should marry when im at the ripe age of 30~

no tattoos, no piercings, no rock music, no guitar. i'd not be as cool as i am today~ i guess the onli chinese-ness i've inherited is my fair skin and other girly fetures i got. -_- but tats cool too.....

gotta go to some wedding dinnner thingy now.... i've eaten abit so i wont feel hungry cause i never liked sharks fin soup or dim sum~ so i'll probably just stone there while everyone converses in chinese and smile & nodd if my aunties ask me something, onli to whisper to my sister to ask wat they just said~

damn birds keep flyin into my house~
in western cultures its like the mother of all bad lucks, but in chinese culture, its said to be a good omen....


hmmm.... i bet its the 1st one~

No comments: