Friday, December 01, 2006

friday afternoon~

i luv my fridays~
im sure im not the only one hu thinks this way... its always been so universal.. this feeling of always "hating" Mondays n welcoming Fridays~ BUt, we only welcome it cause it signifies the end of the weekdays, n the beginning of the weekends... so, really.... we luv Saturdays~

but i hate my Saturdays & Sundays... these days are traditionally spent with friends n Family.... but since i hang out with my friends on weekdays & my family n i never go out together, these days become redundant to me~

Nontheless, fridays have always appealled to me~
The very simplicity of it is so alluring... my fridays have always been a day of rest & relaxation... of peace & reflection~

the mornings are cold & enjoyable.... the afternoons, warm and cosy.... i do enjoy my peace n solitude very much... some find it odd but they just dont know how to stop n smell the roses...~

School on friday ends at around 11 am.... but i'd often hang around for lunch with the turds till noon.... but today i ended at 9.30~ Uopn reaching home, i'd watch a bit of tv or use the computer, after which i'd just stone for a while.... walk around my house a couple of times, or just sitting in the living room...~

its quiet... no one's at home... u observing ur surroundings... n then u start to see things... things tat've always been there, but just never noticed... like spider-web in the ceiling or a newly formed crack in the wall...~
its dumb.. i knnow.. but its quite a meditative experience... it humbles u in some way... ooh~ i do enjoy my "me" time~

4.30pm
went to the kitchen, made myself a grilled cheese sandwich.... with 2 slices of ham.. yes... it was a friday... 2 slices where in order~ took the nescafe out, but decided later on tea instead....no milk.... didnt need the caffine~

placed my sandwich n tea on a tray and carried it to the front door. Wanted to cut the crusts off, but figure it could use the extra crispy-ness~ grabbed a couple of pillows from the living room sofa n laid them beside the door.... the weather was warm n dry... typical afternoon heat....

found a comfortable position, placed my book on my lap... tea in one hand... grilled cheese in the other.... i could feel the warmth of the outside tingle my right body~ the tea helped spread the heat evenly... and i just sat there... reading my book... occasionally pausing for a bite of my sandwich~

there's something just so calming about a friday.... its just a simple day... a day not really a weekday, not yet a weekend~ its quiet... its calming... its friday...

i luv my fridays~
don't you?

No comments: